Terms & Conditions
Richmond Forum tickets, season subscriptions, and event invitations are a license and may be revoked by The Richmond Forum (“the Forum”) at any time for any reason, including violation of any of the following Terms and Conditions. Renewal of season subscriptions is at the sole discretion of The Richmond Forum.
Due to the high-profile nature of our speakers and the security surrounding many of our programs, advertising or otherwise publicizing Richmond Forum tickets for sale is strictly prohibited.
For security reasons, tickets to Forum programs, and invitations to Forum receptions and dinners may not be placed in any auction without the advance written permission of The Richmond Forum.
As a community forum with high demand for tickets, it is important that we not have seats sitting empty on program night. If Subscribers cannot attend a program, for any reason, they are encouraged to share their tickets with family members, friends, neighbors, or co-workers who might love the opportunity to attend the Forum. If a Subscriber is unable to find someone to use their tickets in their absence, he/she is encouraged to donate their tickets back to the Forum (via the Subscriber Portal or by calling the Forum office up until 5 PM on program night) so that we can see that the seats are used. If greater than 20% of a Subscriber’s seats are unused and un-donated during a season, the Forum may, at its discretion, revoke that Subscriber’s ability to renew their subscription for the following season.
In order to receive the full recognition, benefits, and customer service due a Richmond Forum Subscriber, your tickets/subscription need to be in your name. Individuals residing in different households should each have their own subscription. If your tickets are being purchased under someone else’s name, even if you reimburse that person, you are not recognized by The Richmond Forum as a Subscriber and have no claim to seats or any other Subscriber benefits, including access to the Subscriber Portal and the Richmond Forum Video Channel.
A Subscriber may hold no more than four seats.
Logins and links for online programs (live and recorded) may not be shared with anyone not residing in the Subscriber’s household, nor shared to social media or anywhere else online. Further, Subscribers may not use an Online Subscription in a manner that results in the viewing of programming in areas open to the public or in commercial establishments or in the rebroadcasting, transmitting or performance of the programming, charging admission for its viewing, or transmitting or distributing running accounts of it.
Subscriptions must be paid in full at time of purchase.
All subscription sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
Subscribers have no authority to transfer their seats/subscription to any other party without the consent of the Forum. The Forum will generally only approve transfers for the purpose of putting seats that are currently being used by individuals not residing in the Subscriber’s household into those individuals’ names.
Programs, topics, dates, and times are subject to change.
For your safety, and out of courtesy to other attendees, once the program has started, late arrivers will not be seated in the theater until intermission. If seats are available in the Simulcast Room, ushers will seat you there until intermission.
Each year, any seats not renewed by Subscribers will be used to upgrade renewing Subscribers who wish to improve their seats. After such upgrades, any remaining available seats in the theater and Simulcast Room will be made available for purchase by current Online Subscribers in the order of their tenure and the receipt of their subscription renewal. Ticket holders must adhere to all policies of the venue when attending Richmond Forum programs.
In order to be admitted to the theater, ticket holders must comply with all health safety measures of The Richmond Forum and the theater in place at the time of each program. While not required this season, we encourage ticket holders to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
N95 or KN95 masks are recommended for all 2022 – 2023 season programs. The Forum may elect to make masking required for any given program depending on local conditions. In the event that masks will be required, the Forum will communicate that in advance of the program and masks will be available at the door.
By attending Richmond Forum programs in the theater, ticket holders acknowledge the following: I acknowledge the contagious and dangerous nature of COVID-19. I further acknowledge that even though The Richmond Forum has put in place preventive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, The Richmond Forum cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19 while attending an event at the theater. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others. I acknowledge that by virtue of my attendance at an event, I am increasing my risk to exposure to COVID-19, and that exposure to or infection by COVID-19 may result in my serious personal injury or death. By entering the theater, I voluntarily accept and assume all risk of loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense arising from my possible exposure to or infection by COVID-19 while within, or in the vicinity of, the theater, and hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless The Richmond Forum from and in respect of any such loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, or expense.
Last updated: November 15, 2023
- Program Description: We may send promotional and informational mobile messages in various formats through the Program. Promotional messages advertise and promote our products and services and may include marketing promotions and subscription renewal reminders. Informational messages may include program reminders and inclement weather notifications. Mobile messages may be sent using automated technology, including an autodialer, automated system, or automatic telephone dialing system. Message frequency will vary but will not exceed 3 messages per month. You agree that we, our affiliates, and any third-party service providers may send you messages regarding the foregoing topics or any topic and that such messages and/or calls may be made or placed using different telephone numbers or shortcodes. We do not charge for mobile messages sent through the Program but you are responsible for any message and data rates imposed by your mobile provider, as standard data and message rates may apply for SMS and MMS alerts.
- User Opt-In: By providing your mobile phone number to us, you are voluntarily opting into the Program and you agree to receive recurring mobile messages from us at the mobile phone number associated with your opt-in, even if such number is registered on any state or federal “Do Not Call” list. You agree that any mobile phone number you provide to us is a valid mobile phone number of which you are the owner or authorized user. If you change your mobile phone number or are no longer the owner or authorized user of the mobile phone number, you agree to promptly notify us at email@example.com. Your participation in the Program is not required to make any purchase from us and your participation in the Program is completely voluntary.
- User Opt-Out and Support: You may opt out of the Program at any time. If you wish to opt out of the Program and stop receiving mobile messages from us, or you no longer agree to these Mobile Messaging Terms, reply STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, OPT-OUT, and/or UNSUBSCRIBE to any mobile message from us. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while we process your request and you may receive a one-time opt-out confirmation message. You understand and agree that the foregoing is the only reasonable method of opting out. For support, reply HELP to any mobile message from us. Our mobile messaging platform may not recognize requests that modify the foregoing commands, and you agree that we and our service providers will not be liable for failing to honor requests that do not comply with the requirements in these Mobile Messaging Terms. We may also change the telephone number or short code we use to operate the Program and we will notify you of any such change. You acknowledge that any requests sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed may not be received by us and we will not be responsible for failing to honor a request sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed.
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability: The Program is offered on an “as-is” basis and may not be available in all areas, at all times, or on all mobile providers. You agree that neither we nor our service providers will be liable for any failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any mobile message or information sent through the Program.
- Modifications: We may modify or cancel the Program or any of its features at any time, with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Messaging Terms at any time. Any such modification will take effect when it is posted to our website. You agree to review these Mobile Messaging Terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of those modifications.